Snoop Dogg is back with a new single titled "Late Nights." The song was produced by Mike Will Made-It. It's available now on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/late-nights-single/id1103926209
Follow Me
Snoop Dogg is back with a new single titled "Late Nights." The song was produced by Mike Will Made-It. It's available now on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/late-nights-single/id1103926209
Follow Me
Video After The Jump
We've got some clarification on Conor McGregor supposed retirement and his situation with the UFC... we think.
As we previously reported, The Notorious surprised everyone on Tuesday, April 19, by announcing that he was retiring from mixed martial arts at the young age of 27.
I have decided to retire young.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 19, 2016
Thanks for the cheese.
Catch ya's later.
Following several hours of rampant speculation as to why he would walk away from the sport, specifically the UFC, that has made him a millionaire in a very short period of time, UFC President Dana White appeared on ESPN's Sportscenter to offer an explanation.
He says Mystic Mac refused to show up in Las Vegas to help promote the organization's huge UFC 200 card and and his rematch with Nate Diaz, that was scheduled for July 9, 2016 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. As a result he was taken off of the card.
"Well, what's happened is, we've pulled Conor McGregor from UFC 200," White said on SportsCenter. "And we're working on other fights right now. Conor did not want to come to Las Vegas [this week] to film the commercial or be a part of any of the marketing that we have. He's in Iceland training and [not participating in the marketing] is not possible. This has only happened one other time in UFC history. Nick Diaz didn't show up for his press conference for his fight with Georges St-Pierre and I pulled Nick Diaz from the fight. We've had other instances like this where guys didn't want to do the press conference, [but] you have to. You have to do the press conference, so Conor put out that tweet. Is Conor McGregor retiring? Only he could answer that question."
Translation: The UFC is not about to let an athlete dictate to them when he or she is going to fulfill their contractual obligation to put in the work that is necessary to sell a fight to the public. Either do it their way or kick rocks.
There are rumors that McGregor wanted $10 million to go through with the match and the UFC balked. Dana's explanation may be a smokescreen, but it's all we have to go on at this point.
Chael Sonnen
Former UFC fighter Chael Sonnen believes McGregor overplayed his hand and it blew up in his face.
"I don't have any inside info on this. Just being around the business since the 90's, I know how it works. I know how this whole thing went down. And if I tell you what I think, I guarantee I'm 98 percent right if not 100," Sonnen said on Facebook Live, via MMA Fighting on Tuesday. "Conor had a deal with the UFC. And Conor's now going back and trying to renegotiate and it just doesn't work that way. It can't. You can't write everything down, you can't get your contracts done all the time in this business. There's 500 guys under contract. There's not even that many employees in the UFC. I think there's like 340 employees with 500 fighters. There's 53 shows scheduled for a year that only has 52 weeks in the year. You have to be able to make a phone call, count on whatever the guy says, hang up the phone and that's the end of it. You have to be able to do that.
Conor has a contract, he made a deal, somewhere he didn't sign it. Let the promotion go out, let the money get spent and then realized ‘I've got the upper hand. Now I can come back and renegotiate. Who's going to tell me no when the advertising is already done?' That's what he did. Guaranteed. With no inside knowledge, guaranteed that's what happened," Sonnen continued. "He might really be done...I don't know if he wants to be done. This was a negotiation tool. But he called the bluff of the wrong guys. These are gamblers man, there's rules in Vegas. If you say bet you have a bet. I mean that. You go to a casino, you don't put your money down, you tell the pit boss ‘I want that bet' if he yells the word bet you have a bet. And it goes both ways. If you win it he'll pay you...Anytime you go into a negotiation and you call someone's bluff, man you better mean it because this is what can happen. When you get beat up by a guy, and then you agree to fight him again, and then you pull out, it really doesn't matter after that. And the miscalculation here by Conor is he's not gonna be telling his side. He's gonna be telling his side to whoever.com. He's not gonna be telling it on FS1 or ESPN or anywhere else. Those days are gone. This was a big mistake."
— TheShoeGawd™ (@theshoegawd) March 6, 2016
Diaz defeated McGregor in their first bout via submission in round 2 at UFC 196 on March 5th.
Follow Me
As promised super producer and rapper DJ Quik teams up with fellow West Coast artist Problem to deliver a new EP titled "Rosecrans." Features include The Game, Wiz Khalifa, Bad Lucc and more. Listen to the stream via Spotify up top. If you're digging it grab a copy from iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/rosecrans-ep/id1102635995&app=itunes
Tracklist:
01. Rosecrans (feat. The Game & Candace Boyd)
02. A New Nite / Rosecrans Grove (feat. Shy Carter)
03. This Is Your Moment (feat. Wiz Khalifa, Buddy & JP Cali)
04. You Are Everything
05. Take It Off One Time (feat. Bad Lucc)
06. Straight to the City with It
Follow Me
Video After The Jump
New York (CNN) Former New York City police Officer Peter Liang will not serve jail time in the 2014 shooting death of Akai Gurley in a New York housing project.
Former NYPD cop Peter Liang with his legal team in Brooklyn Supreme Court.
Video After The Jump
G-Eazy teams up with Chris Brown and Tory Lanez for "Drifting." This is off of G-Eazy's album titled "When It'sc Dark Out." Peep the visuals below.
G-Eazy new album "When It's Dark Out" Available Now! Get it on:
iTunes: http://smarturl.it/GEazyWIDO?IQid=yt
Stream on Spotify: http://smarturl.it/GEazyWIDOs?IQid=yt
Google Play: http://smarturl.it/GEazyWIDOg?IQid=yt
Amazon: http://smarturl.it/GEazyWIDOa?IQid=yt
Follow G-Eazy:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/G.Eazy
Twitter: https://twitter.com/g_eazy
Instagram: https://instagram.com/G_Eazy
http://www.g-eazy.com/
Follow Me
Freeway drops off another heater from his forthcoming "Free Will" album. Listen to the Philadelphia rapper go in on "Kodak."
"Free Will" will be released on April 29th. You can pre-order it now on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/free-will/id1093526153
Follow Me
Kanye West has had his eyes on Kim Kardashian for a long time and was determined to undermine her 2011 engagement to Kris Humphries.
On the upcoming final episode of "Kocktails with Khloe," West reveals to other members of the Jenner/Kardashian clan how his plan of action was put into motion.
"I got a phone because somebody decided they wanted to marry Kris Humphries, and I was like ...," Yeezy told the family, via PEOPLE. "I wasn't up to anything, and I looked on the Internet, and there was Kim with some extremely tall person, and I was like, 'I need to call her or something.' I started sending her pictures of certain basketball players that used to be cool, but now they wear their pants like all the way up here: 'This is your future!'"
West's plan didn't stop Kim and Kris from getting married, but probably had a residual affect because the couple called it quits 72 days after tying the knot.
In April of 2012 the "Power" rapper and reality television star began dating. They got married on May 24, 2014, and now have two kids.
The "Kocktails with Khloe" finale airs Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET on FYI.
Follow Me
Conor McGregor just flipped the UFC and the mixed martial arts community on their heads.
The 27-year old UFC Featherweight Champion dropped a bombshell on Twitter by announcing he's walking away from the sport.
I have decided to retire young.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 19, 2016
Thanks for the cheese.
Catch ya's later.
The tweet comes just a little over a week after McGregor sat ringside watching his teammate Charlie Ward defeat Joao Carvalho, who died less than 48 hours after undergoing emergency brain surgery.
"Terrible news regarding Joao Carvalho. To see a young man doing what he loves, competing for a chance at a better life, and then to have it taken away is truly heartbreaking," McGregor wrote on his Facebook page after hearing the news. "We are just men and women doing something we love in the hope of a better life for ourselves and our families. Nobody involved in combat sports of any kind wants to see this. It is such a rare occurrence that I don't know how to take this. I was ringside supporting my teammate, and the fight was so back and forth, that I just can't understand it. My condolences go out to Joao's family and his team. Their man was a hell of a fighter and will be sorely missed by all. Combat sport is a crazy game and with the recent incident in boxing and now this in MMA, it is a sad time to be a fighter and a fight fan. It is easy for those on the outside to criticise our way of living, but for the millions of people around the world who have had their lives, their health, their fitness and their mental strength all changed for the better through combat, this is truly a bitter pill to swallow. We have lost one of us. I hope we remember Joao as a champion, who pursued his dream doing what he loved, and show him the eternal respect and admiration he deserves. Rest in peace, Joao."
The Notorious One is scheduled to fight Nate Diaz in a non-title rematch at UFC 200 on July 9, in Las Vegas.
Diaz defeated McGregor in their first bout via submission in round 2 at UFC 196 on March 5th.
— TheShoeGawd™ (@theshoegawd) March 6, 2016
Do you think Conor is really walking away at the peak of his career?
Follow Me
Jim Jones recruits A$AP Ferg for his new single titled "Harlem." Give it a listen up top and download it on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/harlem-feat.-a$ap-ferg-single/id1105040434&ct=888915220580&app=itunes
Follow Me
Less than two years after signing with Drake's OVO Sound imprint ILoveMakonnen has left the label, according to Billboard.
The singer's 2014 self titled debut EP featuring the hit single "Club Goin Up on a Tuesday" and it's 2015 follow up, "ILoveMakonnen 2," were released by OVO Sound via it's distribution arm, Warner Bros. Records.
However, Makonnen's 2016 "Drink More Water 6" project was released exclusively by Warner Bros., so the exact time of his split from Drizzy's label isn't known.
He spoke about his status with OVO during a March 2015 interview with FADER.
"It's cool, they put out my music and stuff and we just keep it moving. Let them tell you their relationship with Makonnen," he said at the time. "I'm just an artist, being an artist, and there's only so much that I can do."
At this time there's been no statement from Makonnen or OVO Sound regarding the artist's departure.
Follow Me
Video After The Jump
Wu Tang Clan rapper Ol' Dirty Bastard passed away on November 13, 2004 at the age of 35. The official cause of death was a drug overdose, caused by a mixture of cocaine and the prescription drug Tramadol.
In a new interview with VladTV, Dirty's 26-year old son ODB Jr., says his father ingested the drugs, while making him watch on that fateful night.
"The most memorable moment was the last time I was with him 'cause I gathered all that energy. A lot of the Clan members was around. It was like the fire and the phoenix was in the ashes. And it was leaving his body," says ODB Jr. "We was kinda hanging out. He was smoking a lot of drugs. The last time he was here he got as high as he could ever get. And he told me to sit there and watch him. Eye to eye ... we did that. Then that was it."
What's your take on this story? Let us know in the comment section below.
Follow Me
Waka Flocka Flame links up with DJ Whoo Kid to drop off his remix of Kanye West's "Real Friends." Check it out up top then sound off in the comment section below.
Follow Me
Video After The Jump
Run the Jewels (Killer Mike and El-P) revisit their "Run the Jewels 2" album to release an official music video for "Love Again (Akinyele Back)" featuring Gangsta Boo. You can purchase the album now on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/run-the-jewels-2/id927052864
Follow Me
TrapHouse Digital's Own Pop-A-Lot drops off "Drip Walkin" before he releases his Zaytoven produced mixtape "Summa Cum Laude"
[Direct Download]
Pop-A-Lot - Drip Walkin - DOWNLOAD LINK
Video After The Jump
Curren$y is gearing up to release another new project on April 20th titled "Bourbon Street Secrets." This is a collaborative project with PURPS and 808 Mafia. Here is the first music video off of it for "Grand Theft Auto."
Follow Me
ILOVEMAKONNEN and The Based God, Lil B, cook up a new collaboration titled "Can't Let It Go." What do you think of it? Give it a listen and give us your feedback in the comment section below.
Follow Me
Lil Durk continues to flood the streets with new music. His latest offering is a collaboration with Kid Ink titled "Good Good." Give it a listen up top and let us know your feedback in the comment section below.
Follow Me
Stream On Soundcloud Below
DOWNLOAD CENTER
Video After The Jump
Quilly is hospitalized after being shot at a Philadelphia home on Monday, April 18th.
According to Fox 29, the rapper, formerly known as Quilly Millz, was one of three people injured in the shooting that left him in critical condition with gunshot wounds to the arm chest and leg.
The 29-year old On Dek Entertainment recording artist, real name, Marvin Jones, has been a fixture on the Philadelphia rap scene for a while now.
In addition to his "Haines Street Hustler" mixtape series, Quilly has collaborated with Ar-Ab, Dark Lo, Neef Buck, Young Chris, Oschino, Spade O, Troy Ave, Chic Raw, Kur and many more.
We hope he heals up and gets back on his grind soon.
Follow Me
Washington D.C. and Chicago link up as Shy Glizzy a.k.a. Young Jefe connects with G Herbo a.k.a. Lil Herb on the Goose-produced track, "Too Far."
Follow Shy Glizzy on Twitter and Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/shyglizzy/
Follow Me