Here's a full stream of TeeFlii's new album entitled Starr. Features include E-40, Dom Kennedy, Nipsey Hussle, Snoop Dogg, Chris Brown, DJ Quik, 2 Chainz and Skeme.
1. Intro 2. Action 3. Give it to Me (feat. E-40) 4. Hennessy & Weed (feat. Nipsey Hussle) 5. Blue Lipstick (feat. Chris Brown) 6. Something She’ll Do (feat. Skeme) 7. Different Positions 8. Addicted (feat. Snoop Dogg & DJ Quik) 9. I Don’t Need You (feat. Dom Kennedy) 10. Change Your World 11. Love Over Money 12. 24 Hours (feat. 2 Chainz)
Big Boy has decided to take his talents from Los Angeles radio stationPower 106toiHeartMedia. To do so he must first get past a huge legal hurdle.
Emmis Radio, LLC is suing Big Boy, real name Kurt Alexander, for $5 million for breach of contract. They are also asking a judge to block the move.
According to Emmis, Big Boy was being paid $1.45 milliona year, plus bonuses and a car. When his contract ended he brought Emmis a copy of iHeart's offer of$3.5 millionannually plus benefits on January 16, 2015.
Emmis claims that their contract with Big Boy allowed them 60 days to match the offer, which they did. The radio personality told them he would be leaving anyway.
“Big Boy has been a beloved member of the Emmis family for more than two decades, and we are particularly dismayed by his breach after we agreed to meet the iHeart terms. I am personally saddened by his actions and the impact they will have on our brand and our people," said Emmis Chairman, President and CEOJeff Smulyanin a statement.
"Emmis first discovered Alexander, 45, working as a body guard more than 20 years ago, and has invested substantially over the years in helping him develop into the star that he is today," reads a press release announcing the lawsuit.
We'll have to wait and see how this all shakes out.
2014 had a lot notable hip hop news. Uncle Murda rewinds the clock and gives us the highlights from last year in the official music video for his "2014 Rap Up." Check it out below.
A man in Scottsdale, Arizona has filed a battery report with police alleging Puff Daddy punched him at a Super Bowl party on Saturday, January 31.
Puffy was scheduled to host The Old Town Scottsdale Block Party at Scottsdale Nights. The business mogul didn't show up until 1:15 a.m.
Steven Donaldsonpaid$100expecting to see Puffy perform, but he didn't. Instead theBad Boy RecordsCEO hung out in the VIP section while his music played.
Donaldson got frustrated and started hurling insults at Puffy. "Fuck you for not performing tonight," he said at one point.
Eventually the two ended up in close proximity. Donaldson claims Puffy punched him in the face. Club security tossed Donaldson out of the venue. By the time police arrived Puffy was gone.
TMZ reports that the Scottsdale Police Department would like to talk to Puffy about the incident.
Chicago battle rapper Big T is already putting his stamp on 2015. Just over a month in and he's dropping new music weekly as he prepares to release his God Edition project.
He gets production from Sledgren on this new banger entitled "Can't Go" featuring M-O.
Posted by Belwah Media on February 3, 2015 at 8:28pm
Urban Network Digital and Amalgamation Magazine are returning to San Diego, Calif., June 4-7, 2015 for its Annual Music-Entertainment Conference, themed “Back to Basics 2.”
This is the only event of its kind on the West Coast. More than 600 people attended the 2014 Music-Entertainment Conference in San Diego and over 70 independent recording acts performed during the 3 ½ days.
At the center of the 2014 Conference were many Panelists and Participants from around the industry who signed on to share their wealth of knowledge and expertise. Executives came from some of the following companies: Universal Music Group, Capitol Records, Warner Music Group, ASCAP, SESAC, Motown Gospel, the Recording Academy, Roc Nation Music, Black Entertainment TV, Billboard Magazine, Rondor Music, Beats Music, Clear Channel, and more.
This year, the 2015 music and entertainment conference will feature forums for mix show DJs, indie labels and artists, A&R development, production and songwriting, along with panels tailored to radio professionals.
You don’t want to miss it! Early Bird Registration is $100 for the entire Conference. As of April 1, the cost is $150.
Kid Ink released his highly anticipated Full Speed album today. Here's a full stream of the project which features Chris Brown, R. Kelly, Usher, Tinashe, DeJ Loaf, Verse Simmonds, Migos, MGK and more
Reports out of Oakland confirm the death of The Jacka. The 37-year old rapper, real name, Dominic Newton, was shot in killed in East Oakland on Monday, February 3. He was hit by bullets from a high powered weapon. He was rushed to Eden Medical Central in Castro Valley, where he was pronounced dead.
Fans gather Tuesday, Feb. 3, 2015 at a shrine erected at the site in Oakland, California. where The Jacka, was shot dead Monday night.
"Really somber morning at the KMEL studios and I'm sure in everyone's car right now and everyone out there in the Bay," KMEL DJ Sana G said on air, according to the Oakland Tribune. "If you ever met this man, you know he was a solid one. The Jacka is definitely going to be missed. But we're going to live through your music."
The rapper is considered a legend in the Bay Area. During his career he worked withC-Bo, Messy Marv, San Quinn, Mac Dre, E-40, Yukmouth, Dru Down, Spice-1, Paul Wall, Keak da Sneak, Devin The Dudeand many more.
A collaborative album with Philadelphia rapper Freeway entitled Highway Robbery was released last year.
The Jacka's publicist,Portia Jackson, told theOakland Tribune that he had recorded over100 albums. She described his death as "horribly devastating for everyone. He's a musical legend."
The boxing arm of Jay Z's Roc Nation Sports has suffered a significant loss.
RNS cut a deal in early January to acquire Gary Shaw Promotions and it's stable of fighters, including rising heavyweight contender Bryant Jennings.
"On January 8, Shaw announced “I have officially joined Roc Nation. I’ll be running their boxing division.”
The newly formed teamed promoted a January 9 card at the Theater at Madison Square Gardens. Troubles soon followed after infighting between the companies began. On Monday, February 2. Shaw announced the two companies had parted ways.
"We gave it a try and unfortunately it did not work out for both parties," Shaw told ESPN.com on Monday. "It is an amicable separation. Roc Nation was very professional at our meeting and they allowed me to keep all of my fighters and my company, and terminate any agreements we had together. They gave me back my company."
"Both parties decided to go their own way and we wish Gary nothing but the best," said Roc Nation Sports spokesman Ron Berkowitz.
GSP promoted fighters Jennings, interim lightweight titlist Darleys Perez, middleweight contender Tureano Johnson, lightweight Jonathan Maicelo, lightweight prospect Kenneth Sims Jr., welterweight Francisco Santana, unbeaten junior featherweight Roman Morales and former middleweight titlist Daniel Geale all leave with Shaw.
Bryant Jennings (left) and Wladimir Klitschko will battle on April 25
The loss of Jennings is an especially big blow to Roc Nation's fledgling boxing division. At 19-0, 10 KOs, he is scheduled to fight Wladimir Klitschko, 63-3, 53 KOs, on April 25 at Madison Square Garden. The fight will be televised by HBO.
Klitschko's WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, IBO and The Ring Heavyweight titles will be on the line.
Roc Nation still has one superstar boxer in it's stable. They signed WBA (Super) and The Ring super-middleweight champion Andre Ward last month. They also have two cards remaining on their three-fight deal with Fox Sports 1.
Thomas enters the strange world of the ATL Twins, the brothers that live a life that’s akin to a Shakespearean farce costumed by streetwear. They talk about Gucci Mane, who they met through Harmony Korine, during the making of Spring Breakers. We also meet an artist known as The Devil. He takes Thomas across town to a fully-working trap house, to meet the rapper Trouble and his crew, Duct Tape Entertainment.
Suge Knight has been rushed to the hospital after complaining of chest pains Tuesday, February 3. Knight appeared in L.A. County Superior Court this morning where he pleaded not guilty to murder and attempted murder charges regarding two hit and runs in Compton that resulted in the death of his friend Terry Carter and injuries to actor and former Bloods gang member Cle "Bone" Sloan.
"It's too early to tell, but clearly from what I understand ... he was being attacked and trying to get away from that attack, no more than that," David Kenner, Knight's lawyer said outside of the courthouse.
Following his court appearance Knight complained of chest pains and was taken to a hospital where it was determined that the 48-year old had suffered a panic attack.
Because of his Knight's previous convictions this is a third strike case. He faces life in prison if convicted.
Soulja Boy and Gillie Da Kid have been beefing since last year. A proposed celebrity boxing match between the two never materialized. That hasn't stopped the two from exchanging threats via social media.
Both rappers were in Dubai on Monday, February 2. They discussed meeting up in person to settle their differences. At one point Soulja tweeted that he slapped Gillie, something the Philadelphia rapper firmly denies.
Watch Gillie's video response and the Twitter exchange between the two below.
Amazing new video by Willie Trace, this one is called "Ready or Not". There has been a whole lot of evolution in this kid's flow as well as his mindset. The video is absolutely mind blowing, the effects are beyond dope. Definitely an artist to keep your eyes on IG @willie919
Columbus Shortis back in the news again for all the wrong reasons.
Agostina Laneri, who is pregnant with the actor's child, claims he has been verbally abusive to her and hit her child because the kid "needed to learn," according to TMZ
She adds that Short once told her, "Don't forget who I am. I have a knife."
During one tirade the Stomp the Yard star allegedly threatened to kill one of Hollywood's elite.
"If I choose to kill one of these niggas ... I will do that," he said, according to Laneri. "I'm that crazy nigga that will be on the news as the nigga that murked [murdered] Jamie Foxx. Y'all should be very afraid. Very afraid."
Short has been ordered by a judge to stay at least 100 yards away from Laneri and her son.
This latest incident follows what seems to be a disturbing pattern for Short. In April 2014, his wife Tanee Shortaccused him of choking her, menacing her with a knife, threatening murder/suicide and slashing her tires when she tried to leave.
He was hit with a restraining order in that case as well. Tanee later filed for divorce. Short was subsequently fired from his role on the TV series Scandal..
Sacramento representer C Plus and Top Floor shooter Farid Xan take it to the back blocks and rooftops of Manhattan for this visual off his upcoming EP Rentals with producer Trox (50 Cent, Ab Soul, Royce da 5'9). Integrating clips from the intro of the PS1 classic GTA 2, watch as Plus pays homage to those out there "Taking Those Risks".
Follow on Twitter: @PlusMoney @FaridXan
C Plus is a 20 something artist/entrepreneur from South Natomas, a lower middle class suburb located in the northern area of Sacramento, CA. Though born and raised on the west coast and just a short drive from the bay, his style doesn't always reflect the sound scape his region is infamous for. Choosing an overall focus on conceptual relevancy, lyrical content, and fact based storytelling; Plus has carved quite a nitch for himself since his 2011 debut "ALL C.I.T.Y." His catalog is immense including a barrage of EP's w/producers such as Ski Beatz and Lee Bannon, multiple mixtapes featuring all original music, and 2 full length studio albums executive produced by his longtime friends and collaborators Hippie Sabotage & Chase Moore.
His music is street smart and edgy, yet positive and motivational all in the same breath. By recapping personal experiences he is able to give an accurate depiction of the ever changing climates that exist in today's society while narrating lifestyles and providing soundtracks for the people living in and amongst the various subcultures the influence Hip Hop. Outside the booth Plus overseas a brand management consultation firm called The 25//8 Group that serves as the creative filter for his line of merchandise SPCL+ (Special Addition), his jewelry line Heavy Medal, and the release and art direction of his music as well. He is currently on residency in New York wrapping up his long awaited LP w/Ski Beatz while preparing an assortment of other projects to also be released in 2015.
Posted by Lawrence Leal on February 2, 2015 at 6:55pm
OSPO BLACK Continues to put out hit after hit right after releasing their EP THE PARADOX (click image above to download) they drop a new hit song called "GET DOWN" take a listen below and share it with the world. Make sure to check out their official website http://www.ospoblack.com/ and also make sure to follow them on twitter @OSPO06
In his latest Vlog Big T talks about battle rappers not getting paid and battle rap currently being in a state of emergency. Also culture vultures and the rap industry trying to kill battle rap.
NFL Hall of Famer and NFL Network analyst Warren Sapp has been arrested for soliciting a prostitute and assault, according to TMZ.
The arrest took place at a Downtown Phoenix hotel at 7 a.m. on Monday, February 2.
The 42-year old was a dominant defensive lineman in the National Football League for 13-years after being selected with the number 12 pick by theTampa Bay Buccaneersin the 1995 draft out of theUniversity of Miami.
Sapp was voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2013. He was in Phoenix covering the Super Bowl for the NFL Network.
This isn't Sapp's first run in with the law. He was previously arrested for domestic battery in 2010. Those charges were dropped. In 2014.he was busted for the same charge.
**UPDATE**
The NFL Network has fired Warren Sapp as an analyst. He was initially suspended following his arrest this morning for soliciting a prostitute
NFL Network spokesman Alex Riethmiller later announced they were letting Sapp go for good.
"Warren Sapp's contract has been terminated and he no longer works for NFL Network," Riethmiller said.
There is also more information on what lead to his arrest.
According to TMZ, Sapp had two female escorts in his hotel room at the Renaissance Hotel when an argument over money broke out. Things turned physical and spilled into the hallway.
"Officers working security at a Downtown Phoenix hotel were investigating a noise disturbance when they were contacted by a female alleging she had been assaulted," reads a statement released by the Phoenix Police Department.
Both women reportedly had injuries consistent with a struggle. Sapp was taken to Phoenix police headquarters and questioned. He admitted doing business with the prostitutes, but denied physically assaulting them
One of the females was cited for prostitution and released. The second female left the scene but was later located. She was cited for violating the city's escort permit requirements and was released.
Sapp faces charges of soliciting a prostitute. He made his first appearance before a judge Monday. He was released on his own recognizance. The judge ordered Sapp not to return to the scene of the crime, have no contact with the alleged victims and to not possess any weapons.