Loaded Lux, one of the biggest names throughout the battle culture visited the VladTV couch to discuss the upcoming October 4th matchup between Keith Murray and Onyx's Fredro Starr, as well as, his opinion on the long awaited battle between Danny Myers and fellow Harlem Legend T-Rex that finally went down on the URL stage.
When asked about his predictions the upcoming between the Keith and Fredro, who rose to fame in the 90's, Lux responded by giving credit to both emcees without stating who he thought the victor would be.
T-Rex recently stirred up controversy when he accepted $12,000 in advance from Danny Myers and pulled a no-show when their battle was supposed to go down. The two were finally able to settle their differences in the ring at URL's recent Redemption event. Lux, who was in attendance and also re-watched the footage, gave the W to Danny due to him being in the building solo and still putting on a spectacular performance. The legend also tipped his hat to Rex by quoting one of his bars from the showdown.
Watch the full clip below to also get Loaded Lux's opinion on battlers who return from previous eras and damage their legacy by being unsuccessful in the ring.
Oklahoma City Thunder all-world basketball player Kevin Durant will be a free agent after the jump. Many are speculating about where he could land if he decides to leave the Thunder.
ESPN's Stephen A. Smith stirred the pot recently with when he said that KD could bolt for the Los Angeles Lakers or his hometown team, the Washington Wizards.
"Regardless of how senseless it may (sound), in one breath I'm hearing that if Kevin Durant doesn't stay in Oklahoma City, L.A. is his primary objective and landing spot as opposed to South Beach or even his home of Washington, D.C." Smith said.
Durant is not happy with Smith's statements and on Friday, October 2, he went so far as to call him a liar. "I don't talk to Stephen A Smith at all. No one in my family, my friends do. So he's lying."
Stephen responded on Twitter to the accusation.
Oh, BTW......don't think for one second I will avoid addressing this on @FirstTake on Monday morning. I can't wait!
01.Presley Intro 02.Elvis ( Pro By Twiz The Best Pro) 03.Gavel 04.Agassi & Ash Feat Dark Lo (Pro By V Don) 05.25 06. Cane (Pro By Doe Pesci) 07.Respect Aura (Pro By Chup) 08.EBT Awards Skit 09.Feat Ant Milli & Boob Bronx-Eyes Open (Pro By Chup 10.Aint No Half Steppin 11.Loved By Few Hated By Many (Pro By Remo The Hitmaker) 12.Couple Dollaz (Pro By Jaisu) 13.Don't Nobody Love You
Chicago emcee Lil Bibby decides to remix his homie G Herbo a.k.a. Lil Herb's"I'm Rollin." Give it a listen up top and let us know what you think in the comment section below.
Rich The Kid teams up Slim Jimmy of the duo Rae Sremmurd for something new they call "Championship." Take a listen up top and let us know your opinion in the comment section below.
Kid Cudi is preparing to release his latest album titled Speedin' Bullet To Heaven soon. Today he drops off two new songs "Wedding Tux" and "Judgemental Cunt" to hold fans over.
With his Sophomore Album entitled 'From S.A.M.B.O. (From Struggle. Arises. My. Bureaucratic. Oppression)' on the horizon, Willi Dot M is back to stake his claim in the DMV hiphop arena. Flowing over an Scarver produced track that sounds like it wouldn't be out of place if it were played in a church setting, Blizzy showcases his diverse range of flow and uncanny wordplay, all the while maintaining his wit, lyricism and delivery. This... all in a span of 140 seconds! Someone to watch for? We think so. Listen for yourself...
New Orleans rapper and YNT member, Hotboy Turk, sits down with DJ Smallz and reflects on what he did on his first day from prison, provides some DO's and DON'Ts out of prison and adjusting back into society and reveals what he would change about the current prison system if he could.
Memphis rapper and VH1 "Love and Hip Hop Atlanta" cast member Jessica Dime aka Dimepiece, sits down with DJ Smallz and weighs in on the current state of female rappers as well as her thoughts on Nicki Minaj, Iggy Azalea and Dej Loaf.
Galafati Music Group Presents "Back 2 Back", a mixtape compiled of various artists such as, Drake, Future, Meek Mill, Chief Keef and more. Follow Us Instagram: @galafatimusic Twitter: @valantinog Facebook.com/valantinogalafati
Galafati Music Group Presents a compilation mixtape containing artists from several aspects of the world. Artists ranging from Texas, Michigan, Washington all the way to Ireland. Follow Us
Charlamagne Tha God shared his thoughts on transgender model Mia Isabella claiming she had a sexual relationship with Tyga, which the "Guy Code" star doesn't completely believe. The famed radio host said that he doesn't judge a situation until he has all the facts, and Charlamagne added that it's only a "half truth" at this point.
Speaking more about the situation, Charlamagne told us that if Tyga in fact likes sleeping with transgenders he needs to "own his truth." The Breakfast Club host added that if Tyga owned up to his alleged sexual preferences it could never be used against him in the media.
(Reuters) The Oregon sheriff investigating the execution-style killing of at least nine people in a college classroom refused to identify the suspect on Friday, saying he wanted to deny the shooter notoriety, the ultimate prize he sought in the bloodshed.
A day after the shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, residents of the quiet former timber town struggled to comprehend the deadliest mass killing this year in the United States. The gunman also wounded seven people in the rampage and died in an exchange of gunfire with police.
Law enforcement sources confirmed reports identifying the suspect as Chris Harper-Mercer, 26, who lived with his mother in nearby Winchester.
In a blog post linked to him, Harper-Mercer said he relished the headlines garnered by Vester Flanagan, the man who shot dead two reporters during a live broadcast in Virginia in August before killing himself.
"A man who was known by no one, is now known by everyone ... Seems the more people you kill, the more you're in the limelight," the post read.
In a highly unusual step, Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin vowed never to utter the gunman's name and said he would let the coroner identify the gunman.
"I don't want to glorify his name. I don't want to glorify his cause," Hanlin, an outspoken defender of gun ownership, told CNN. The gunman stormed into a classroom at the college that serves mostly older students in career transitions, shot a professor at point-blank range, then ordered cowering students to stand up and state their religion before he shot them one by one, according to survivors' accounts.
Oregon Governor Kate Brown declined in television interviews on Friday morning to discuss gun control, as did the sheriff, and said it was a time for healing the community.
A month after the December 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, Hanlin wrote a letter to Vice President Joe Biden that defended the right to bear arms, protected by the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
"Gun control is NOT the answer to preventing heinous crimes like school shootings," Hanlin wrote in the letter, dated Jan. 15, 2013.
Just hours after Thursday's shooting, a visibly angry President Barack Obama urged Americans to press their elected leaders to enact tougher firearms safety laws.
"Somehow this has become routine. The reporting is routine. My response here, at this podium, ends up being routine," he said. "We’ve become numb to this."
In a photo posted on what was believed to be the suspected gunman's MySpace profile, a young man with a shaved head and dark-rimmed eyeglasses stares into the camera while holding a rifle.
A man identifying himself as Ian Mercer, the gunman's father, told reporters outside his home in Los Angeles on Thursday night, "It's been a devastating day, devastating for me and my family."
Authorities offered no motive for the shooting. Hanlin said local homicide detectives and federal agents were conducting an investigation.
Not counting Thursday's incident, 293 mass shootings have been reported this year, according to the Mass Shooting Tracker website, a crowd-sourced database kept by anti-gun activists that logs events in which four or more people are shot.
(Additional reporting by Jane Ross in Roseburg, Shelby Sebens in Portland, Curtis Skinner in San Francisco, Sharon Bernstein in Sacramento, Fiona Ortiz in Chicago, Jeff Masonand Robert Rampton in Washington, Dan Whitcomb, Piya Sinha-Roy and Daina Beth Solomon in Los Angeles and Katie Reilly in New York; Writing by Barbara Goldberg; Editing by Frank McGurty and Jeffrey Benkoe)
Warren Sapp has struck a plea deal in the attack on former girlfriend Chalyce Moore at the M Resort in Vegas on April 28th.
He was arrested in June and charged with 3 counts of domestic violence. Prosecutors agreed to drop two of the charges in exchange for Sapp pleading guilty.
Chalyce Moore and Warren Sapp
The judge in the case fined Sapp $345 and ordered him to pay $2,555 in restitution, log 48 hours of community service and six months of counseling and stay out of trouble for six months, according to the Associated Press.
In addition he must keep his distance from the victim, prosecutor Lisa Luzaich said. He faces six months in jail if he violates terms of the deal.
TMZ Sports reports that the 42-year old Hall of Famerallegedly threw a margarita at Moore at the M Resort. Things escalated on the drive back to her condo when Sapp bit Moore's middle finger while they argued.
When the two arrived at the condo, Sapp, allegedly knocked Moore to the ground, then stepped on the right side of her face, giving her a possible concussion.
In Lil Mouse's hometown, shooting deaths have appeared in the news more than ever before. Innocent victims seem to lose their lives on a daily basis, and around certain holidays, the city of Chicago continues to lose dozens. "Everybody ain't getting money, that's what's making it bad," says Lil Mouse during this exclusive clip.
When asked if he has to keep security detail around him when in Chicago, Lil Mouse says "I keep them with me regardless, everywhere I go," since getting murdered "could happen to anybody." Fortunately the young rapper hasn't lost a friend during Chi-town's deadly Summer, something he says happens more so because of people "not having nothing else to do." "That's Chicago for you," he adds.
Watch as he speaks on his city's violent acts and talks about his upcoming "mixtape for the ladies" entitled Life Of a Young Boss, below.
A couple of weeks ago 50 Cent and Young Buck visited Atlanta to hear tracks from Zaytoven, London On Da Track, Sonny Digital, TM88, The 808 Mafia and more.
Here's some footage of Zaytoven playing 50 some potential bangers for his forthcoming Street King Immortalalbum.
Check it out below and let us know if you think some of these instrumentals should be on SKI.
Bill Cosby could be facing criminal charges after the LAPD handed the District Attorney it's case of an alleged sexual assault against Chloe Goins.
Goins claims that in 2008 Cosby spiked her drink with drugs while at the Playboy Mansion. She reportedly blacked out and later woke up half naked to find the comedian licking her toes with his pants down around his ankles.
She was 18-years old at the time.
Out of the dozens of women who have accused Cosby of committing nefarious acts ranging from rape to sexual assault, Goins case stands out because it is the only one that falls within the statute of limitations for possible prosecution.
According to TMZ, Cosby's reps deny he was there at that time.
It's now up to the D.A. to decide whether or not Cosby will face charges.