A man who answered a Craigslist ad for baseball cards wound up with an even greater find when he also got his hands on unreleased material from Tupac Shakur. Turns out the seller's father had worked with the rapper for years.
The items include unreleased songs and several notebooks full of lyrics, notes and ideas for a "Point Tha Finga" music video. The song is from 2Pac's 1993 "Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z." album. Official visuals were never shot.
TMZ reports that the items will be sold at auction by Moments in Time. The "Point the Finga" notes are expected to fetch a minimum of $35,000.
However, there could be one major stumbling block. The Shakur family does not want the items sold. Afeni Shakur is very protective of her son's intellectual property and may attempt to prevent the sale.
Katt Williamsjust released a video detailing his version of eventsfrom the fight he was involved in at aBeanie Sigelconcert in Philadelphia on Sunday, March 6.
He admits that he took a couple of L's, but insists he dished out a few himself and wasn't robbed as some reports have suggested.
"Ain't no nigga popped me in my motherfucking mouth 'cause I'm talking just as reckless as I was at the show." he says in the video. "Now let's get to the important part. If you did rob that nigga, I'm gonna suggest to you that you missed maybe a $75K-$85K rollie. If you did rob me ... I will let you know that nigga walked in the club with 2 chains and walked out that bitch with 2 chains. I ain't gon' say all I took was W's in that club tonight. I ain't gon' say satan ain't land a few L's on a nigga. [But] every nigga I hit lost a piece of jewelry"
Rochester and Philadelphia connect as Rigz of Da Cloth recruits Original Block Hustlaz (OBH) recording artist Dark Lo for a new heater titled "Philly Streets." Check out the official visuals.
Something doesn't seem right with Katt Williams at the moment. He was in the news last week for alleged altercations in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Gainesville, Georgia.
On Sunday, March 6, the 44-year old comedian and actor showed up at a Beanie Sigel and Jahlil Beats' concert at the Trocadero Theatre in Philadelphia.
Williams, real nameMicah Sierra Williams, was onstage during most of the show behaving erratically. He gyrated wildly to music, did push ups, grabbed the mic and rapped incoherently and then attacked a man.
He paid dearly for that last act because he ended up getting stomped out. It's unclear if he was being provoked because the loud music made it impossible to hear if words were being exchanged.
Williams has vehemently denied the use of hard drugs in the past. He claims that his blood is tested every 3 months and has never come back positive for any substance other than weed.
At this point we're not sure what is going on with him. Watch the madness from last night below.
Future was the musical guest on Saturday Night Live yesterday. He used the occasion to perform "Low Life" featuring The Weeknd and "March Madness." Check it out below.
(YAHOO SPORTS) LAS VEGAS – From his traditional perch at the side of the Octagon on Saturday night, UFC president Dana White could only watch as piles of millions burned in front of him.
Holly Holm … choked out. Conor McGregor … choked out. A pair of the sport’s biggest and most bankable stars suffering stunning upsets, turning UFC 196 into a carnage of commerce. Suddenly a year of easy-to-make mega-fights became more complicated, from the uncertainty of Holly Holm-Ronda Rousey rematch, to McGregor headlining July’s historic UFC 200.
“In 16 years in this business, the one thing you don’t do is plan anything out,” White said after. “Because you don’t know.”
White wasn’t in tears. He was stoic and professional and part of that is because over that slow grind of taking an outlaw organization into a billion-dollar global sports brand, he’s always focused on the long game, not the short-term buck. This is part of the deal.
Make no mistake: the UFC crapped out Saturday night in Vegas. The results were nothing the bottom line wanted; this despite an $8.1 million gate and what White was claiming would be a huge pay-per-view number.
That payout will be a nice salve, but the wound is still there. The UFC was on the verge of what would likely have been its biggest year ever. It may still get there. It just isn’t simple.
That’s the fight game though. Nothing ever is.
If you’re not tied to the UFC’s bottom line though, then this was actually a night to celebrate the sport and what its premier promotion is about.
UFC 196 was a testament to being daring, giving fans what they want, and throwing caution to the wind rather than protect and posture for future profits. It was about building trust with fans. It was everything boxing too often fails to be. It was everything that so many other MMA promotions never stick with.
White probably could have sat Holm until Rousey was ready for a rematch. Holm stunned mixed martial arts in November by knocking Rousey out. When Rousey recovered from that beating and was back from filming a couple movies, then the rematch was projecting as the biggest bout in MMA history, two million buys or more. September looked perfect.
Instead, Holm pushed to be sent back out there to defend her bantamweight title, and in doing so she faced a tough Miesha Tate. Holm led going into the fifth round and controlled it until the final two minutes, when a desperate Tate took Holm down, cinched a choke under her chin and survived a wild flip to eventually put Holm, who refused to tap out, to sleep.
“I guess in my mind, I wanted to fight,” Holm said of why she wouldn’t quit. “[I was thinking] ‘I’m going to get out of this, I’m going to get out of this.’ It went too far.”
She regrets letting up and letting Tate in. She doesn't regret taking the fight that likely cost her plenty.White said Tate will defend her belt against Rousey next. Rousey has already defeated Tate twice. The Rousey-Holm rematch is now on the back burner, a huge payday hanging in the balance, especially if Tate beats Rousey this time. Who knows when Holm gets another crack.
“Everyone said, ‘Why are you taking this fight? You should wait for the rematch,” Holm said, explaining her thinking. “You know what, I’m in this [business] to fight.”
Then there was McGregor, the relentlessly trash-talking Irishman who’s turned himself into an international sensation. After capturing the featherweight (145 pound) belt in December, he boldly cast a course where he’d move up to 155 pounds and take the lightweight title from Rafael dos Anjos. But two weeks ago, dos Anjos came up with an injured foot.
Rather than back out all together or bring in some tomato can, McGregor agreed to be paired up with Nate Diaz, who wasn’t just taller and longer but due to a lack of a training camp needed the fight to be held at 170 pounds. That meant McGregor was going up 25 pounds in two and a half months, plus fighting a guy who regardless of weight is known for his profound ability to take a punch.
McGregor talked his way into being a heavy betting favorite, but across the first round realized that the huge shots that normally felled a featherweight were bloodying Diaz but not burying him. He’d bit off more than he could chew.
“[Featherweights] crumble under those shots,” McGregor said. “Nate took them very well. It must take more than one, more than two, more than three [punches] to put the heavier man away.”
By the middle of round two, McGregor was out of energy from trying to knock Diaz out. He resorted to throwing single haymakers rather than combos. Eventually Diaz, through a face of crimson, found his timing and found McGregor with a huge left. The Irishman buckled, Diaz slapped his gloves together and a whole new fight was underway. About a minute later, McGregor was tapping out due to a lack of oxygen.
“It’s a bitter, bitter pill to swallow,” McGregor said.
McGregor said he will now return to 145 pounds and defend his title. It’ll still be big. It could’ve been bigger. George St. Pierre, the retired welterweight great, had flown in from Quebec for UFC 196 in a rare public appearance. White said he isn’t even sure St. Pierre wants to unretire, so this definitely wasn’t a gimmick to start the hype for a GSP-McGregor monster fight. Fine, but we know these things do tend to happen.
That isn’t happening now. If Diaz can lay waste to McGregor, then GSP wouldn’t be fair. It'd be a massacre. It would have made a big, big buck finding that out though.
“I took a shot,” McGregor said. “I went at it. I will never shy away from a challenge. I will never shy away from a defeat. I took the fight and it didn’t pay off. This is the fight business.”
More specifically, this is the UFC business. This is the business of having a money train like McGregor take on an outrageous challenge and risk his perfect UFC record, risk his aura of invincibility, risk the vision of him sprawled out on his back in the middle of the cage, overcome with exhaustion and emotion. It wasn't holding Holly Holm back, even if the greatest payday yet loomed.
“Tonight was one of those night, this is what this thing was built to be,” White said, trying to drape it in pride. “It was everything we talked about it was supposed to be. It was awesome.”
It was awesome. Costly, but spectacularly awesome.
Quentin Miller drops off a fresh and new joint titled "unHOLY." The song was produced by Bobby Johnson. Give it a listen up top and let us know what you think in the comment section below.
It's been a minute since we've heard from Infamous Mobb spitter Ty Nitty, but the Queensbridge representative is back with new visuals for his banger titled "Animal." This is off of Ty's "Smells Like Queensbridge" mixtape.
Rigz of the rap collective, Da Cloth, recently chopped it up with Behind the Mic to catch his growing fan base up on what's popping in his career for the year 2016 and beyond.
He gives an update on the forthcoming project "The Fixtape" with fellow group members Symph, Maverick, Times Change and ILLanoise, "4 Da Mountains," a special project inspired by his cousin's incarceration that the group sends out to people doing bids, the independent grind, his "Muddy Boots" solo project, collaboration with Dark Lo and Fred The Godson, freestyles and more.
On what would have been Bobbi Kristina Brown's 23rd birthday, the cause of her death has been revealed.
On Friday, March 4, the Fulton County Medical Examiner's office in Atlanta, released autopsy results that show that the only child of Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston died from a combination of alcohol, marijuana, morphine; "a cocaine-related substance" called benzoylecgonine, anti-anxiety medication and immersion in water, CBS News reports.
"The underlying cause of death is the condition which starts the downhill course of events leading to death and in this case is the immersion associated with drug intoxication," the medical examiner's office said in the statement. "Death was clearly not due to natural causes, but the medical examiner has not been able to determine whether death was due to intentional or accidental causes, and has therefore classified the manner of death as Undetermined."
Bobbi's boyfriendNick Gordonhas been called a "person of interest" in the investigation into the death by Georgia authorities. His lawyer, Randy Kessler, believes the results vindicate his client.
"He's always maintained his innocence. I personally hope this puts to rest all the negativity surrounding him," Kessler said.
The autopsy results were unsealed by Fulton County Superior Court Judge Henry Newkirk after a motion was filed by media organizations.
Bobby Brown released a statement expressing his anger at the media.
“First and foremost, 23 years ago today, Bobbi Kristina was born. Krissy will always live in my heart and soul. I love my baby girl. For news affiliates to seek and obtain my daughter’s autopsy report, before anyone has been brought to justice for her death is mind blowing to me. Please pray for my family," Brown said.
In August 2015 a wrongful death lawsuit was filed against Gordon by Bobbi Kristina's estate administrator, Bedelia Hargrove, alleging that he had physically abused his girlfriend and stole nearly $11,000 from her bank accounts during her hospitalization.
Bobbi was found by Gordon and a friend in a bathtub at her Roswell, Georgia home on January 31, 2015. At the time she unresponsive, face down and submerged in water. She was rushed to the hospital, but never regained consciousness after falling into a coma. She died in hospice care on July 26.
The 22-year old had scars all over her body and several missing teeth. See the information below.
Scarring
Missing teeth
These results could explain why the police had not yet released this information to the public, if they are still investigating the possibility of a crime that may have been committed leading up to Bobbi's death.
We're very sorry to report that up and coming artist Bankroll Fresh, real nameTrentavious White, has died.
According to 11 Alive, the 28-year old rapper was shot multiple times outside of Street Executives Management's Atlanta recording studio on Friday, March 4.
The "Hot Boy" rapper's career was being guided by Street Executives. They also manage 2 Chainz, Cap 1, Young Dolph and Travis Porter.
Police found at least 50 shell casings at the scene.
Bankroll had many collaborations to his credit. Including songs withMike Will Made-It, 2 Chainz, Skooly, Project Pat, Zaytoven, Rich Homie Quan, Metro Boomin, Travis Porter, Gucci Mane, Young Scooter, Wiz Khalifa, OJ Da Juiceman, B.o.B, Spodeeand many more.
His "Life of a Hot Boy" mixtapes are very popular within the hip hop community.
Artists who knew Bankroll and expected to see his career ascend mourned his loss via social media.
"This shit KEEP HAPPENING!!!! Chinx,Snupe,Doe-B,Dolla,Duncan,Stacks Bundles, Dex Osama.... The list of young talented kids who died before they could really get a chance to make it,gettin longer than the ones who actually DO get to MAKE IT. We come from NOTHING... And can just as easily loose it ALL FOR NOTHING. I looked forward to seeing what u was gon do next. I seen young niggaz kick it a thousand ways & I can tell when the sauce is sincere. U was a real1 who always came from a real place.... More than I can say for most of these sour muuuufuckaz who still here getting the chance u didn't. My family's Prayers to U & Yours lil bro. #RIPBankrollFresh," T.I. wrote on his Instagram page.
Here is episode one of Cam'Ron's new docu-series "Giles Investigation."
In this clip, initially filmed back in 2007, Killa goes back to his old stomping grounds to find a former customer named Facetime. Face at one point in his life had a promising career as a comedian, having appeared on Def Comedy Jam and BET's ComicView.
He is now the very definition of a crack fiend. Chasing his next high, even if he has to humiliate himself to get it. Cam offers Face a few dollars to break dance and do push ups and of course he obliges.
"Face was just such a big celebrity where we came from, we couldn't understand why he was getting high," Cam told The FADER. "[Face] is a comedian, so it's automatically funny. And I want people to laugh, but I want people to get a message that this isn't something that you should be doing."
More episodes are on the way. Peep this one below.
Remy Ma have patched up their past differences and are getting ready to release a joint album titled "Platas o Plomo." The two stopped by The Breakfast Club to chop it up.
Joe talked about his love for Remy as a sister, discovering Big Pun, passing on signing Pitbull, Eminem and Rick Ross, going to jail for tax evasion, being an independent artist, squashing beef with Papoose, getting over his fear of flying and more.
Remy explains why she didn't sign a deal when she got out of prison, looking forward to touring with Joe, being on parole, "Love & Hip Hop" and more.
Curren$y is prepping a new project titled "Weed & Instrumentals." Today he gives fans a preview of what to expect with the release of the song "Chill." Check it out up top.