On Monday's edition of Hot 97's The Realness, Peter Rosenberg broke down why Leonardo DiCaprio and Rihanna have moved to the top of the power couple list. Never mind the fact that Leo only seems to be interested in smashing Riri, Rosenberg believes "the couple" have passed Beyonce and Jay Z, as well as Kanye West and Kim Kardashian.
TMZ reports that Leo was with Rihanna at her recent birthday party. He wasn't doing the chasing either. His beautiful date was reportedly following him around like a lost puppy.
"She's the baddest bitch in the party, but she's following him everywhere," said a source.
Apparently Leo isn't hurting in the ladies department.
LOS ANGELES (Associated Press) — Former rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight told a judge that he is suffering from blindness and other health complications moments before he was taken to a hospital Monday morning.
Knight told Los Angeles Superior Court Judge James Brandlin that he had fired attorneys handling his murder case and was receiving inadequate medical treatment while in custody.
The Death Row Records co-founder said he was blind in one eye and had only about 15 percent vision in his other eye during a brief court appearance on Monday. Knight said he was having difficulty comprehending the proceedings and told the judge he had been shot six times last year and had a blood clot in his lungs and other complications. He also said he had lost 35 pounds as a result of his injuries.
Brandlin transferred Knight's case to another judge, and he was taken for medical care before his case could be called in Judge Ronald Coen's courtroom. Coen said before calling the case that Knight had been taken to a hospital, but he did not elaborate.
Knight has pleaded not guilty to murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges after he struck two men with his truck, killing one, on Jan. 29. He remains held without bail.
Attorney David Kenner, who has represented Knight since the case was filed, told Coen that his client has been jailed too long and a hearing to set bail should be convened as soon as possible. Coen ordered another hearing for Knight on March 9, although a bail hearing may not occur until March 20.
Deputy District Attorney Cynthia Barnes on Monday repeated a previous statement that she plans to introduce evidence of several crimes Knight was never charged with during the bail hearing.
Knight said he had fired Kenner and his law partner, telling Brandlin, "I fired these lawyers."
Suge Knight fired his lawyer David Kenner (left) and spoke on his own behalf in court Monday
Monday's hearing marks the third time Knight has been taken from a courthouse for medical care since he was charged with murder in early February.
Knight repeatedly tried to speak during the hearing in Brandlin's courtroom, but the judge admonished him not to interrupt. Knight sat down and muttered an expletive while Brandlin quickly concluded the proceedings. Knight wore orange jail attire and glasses during the hearing, and he spoke while flanked by deputies.
Paramedics were summoned to look at Knight before the hearing, and deputies placed a trash can in front of him after he began his tirade about his health and lawyers.
Knight, 49, was shot six times at a nightclub in August. Within days of his release from the hospital, he was accused by a celebrity photographer of stealing her camera.
Prosecutors charged Knight and comedian Katt Williams with robbery over the incident, and both men have pleaded not guilty.
Knight faces up to life in prison if convicted of killing Terry Carter, 55, during a confrontation at a Compton burger stand in late January. Kenner has said Knight was ambushed, but that assertion hasn't been made in court yet.
Here it is, the CD quality, dirty version of Kanye West's new banger entitled "All Day" featuring Allan Kingdom and Theophilus London. This will appear on Yeezy's forthcoming album, So Help Me God.
01. Intro (ft Umar Bin Hassan) [of The Last Poets] 02. Another Time (ft Inspectah Deck, Guilty Simpson, M.O.P & Bernz of ¡Mayday!) 03. Selfish (ft King Tee, Fashawn & Kurupt) 04. Lane 2 Lane (ft Don Logan aka Gunplay & Denzel Curry) 05. South-West (ft MC Eiht, Blu & Kam) 06. Crazy Dope (ft Milk Dee, Sean Price & Murda Mook) 07. Revolutionary Ride Music (ft Your Old Droog, Royce da 5'9, O.C. & Reks) 08. Crazy (Interlude) (ft Umar Bin Hassan) 09. Who’s Crazy ? (ft Troy Ave, Scarface, Stalley & DJ Premier) 10. Fiyah Gun (ft Smif-N-Wessun, Spragga Benz, Kardinal Offishall & Bittah Sosicka) 11. If U Run (ft Killer Mike, Webbz & KXNG Crooked aka Crooked I) 12. Survival (ft Juvenile, Dead Prez & Trick Daddy) 13. When Im Dead (ft Joell Ortiz, Chris Rivers, Keith Murray & Skam2) 14. Warrior (ft Sizzla, David Banner, N.O.R.E. & Jon Connor) 15. Power (ft Sa-Roc, Masta Ace & Thirstin Howl III) 16. Role Model (ft Bun B, Jarren Benton, Eric Biddines & Amber Monique) 17. Paradise (ft Talib Kweli, Wrekonize & Redman) 18. Motivation (ft Defari, Cormega & Boaz) 19. G Sh*t (ft McGruff, Prez P & Grafh) 20. #HomeTeam (ft Garcia, Dynas, Skam2, Heckler, Society & Mother Superia) 21. We Earned It (ft Ras Kass, Black Milk, Black Collar & Cory Gunz)
During his recent sit down with The Durtty Boyz on radio station Hot 107.9, Rich Homie Quan gave them the green light to premiere his new song entitled "Swear." Check out the in-studio video below.
Curren$y calls on Styles P for this East Coast/Southern connection. This one is called "Alert." The track was produced by Skii Beatz. Listen to Spitta Andretti and The Ghost spit that shit up top.
In this Interview with Montreality, Theophilus London speaks about :
- The type of student he was at school (0:21) - Jobs he had as a teenager (0:58) - His first rap, inspired by Pharrell & Kanye (1:30) - His contribution to Kanye's "So Help Me God" album (2:42) - Favorite cartoon character (5:04) - Favorite video games (5:41) - His love for cinema, being a movie connoisseur (6:48) - His message to the youth (7:20)
If you enjoyed this interview, please take a moment to Subscribe :)
Charmayne "Maxee" Maxwell has died in what authorities describe as a freak accident at her Los Angeles home. The 46-year old singer from the 90's group Brownstone was found Friday, February 27, by her music producer husband, Carsten Soulshock.
According to TMZ, when Maxwell was discovered she was bleeding profusely from a neck wound caused by a broken wine glass.
Paramedics arrived after Carsten called 911. She died on the way to Cedars Sinai Hospital from massive blood loss.
LOS ANGELES (Associated Press) — In a fatal encounter captured on video, three Los Angeles police officers shot and killed a man on the city's Skid Row during a struggle over one of the officers' guns, authorities said.
The graphic video widely circulated on social media within a few hours of the incident Sunday brought attention to the death of the man who wound up wrestling with police amid the tents, sleeping bags and trash of Skid Row, where many of the city's homeless stay.
The three officers, one of whom is a sergeant, shot the man as they struggled on the ground for control of one of the police officer's weapons, after a stun gun proved ineffective, LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith said. The officers had been responding to a report of a robbery.
Police said they planned to use the video in their investigation.
Smith said the department would attempt to amplify the video's sound and pictures to figure out exactly what happened.
"The video is disturbing," Smith said at a briefing with reporters late Sunday night. "It's disturbing any time anyone loses their life. It's a tragedy."
Smith said at least one of the officers was also wearing a body camera.
On the video — which had been viewed 4.3 million times over the first 12 hours that it was posted — six officers can be seen responding to the scene. They begin wrestling with the man as he takes swings at them.
Two of the officers break away to subdue and handcuff a woman who had picked up one of their dropped batons.
The struggle becomes increasingly blurry and distant, but shouting can be heard, including the word, "gun," followed by five apparent gunshots.
Police did not release the man's name or give any other identifying details, and Smith said he did not know whether the man was homeless.
Other recent deaths during police actions in New York and in Ferguson, Missouri, and the lack of prosecution of the officers involved, have brought nationwide protest.
The violence Sunday had echoes of the August shooting by Los Angeles police of 25-year-old Ezell Ford, whose death in a struggle with officers brought demonstrations in the city.
Ford was unarmed, but police officers said he was shot only after reaching for an officer's gun.
In Sunday's incident, witnesses told the Los Angeles Times that the man is known on the street as "Africa," and that he had been there for four or five months.
One witness, Jose Gil, 38, told the Times he saw the man swinging at police then heard one of them shout, "he's got my gun!" before the shots were fired.
Dennis Horne, 29, said the man had been fighting with someone else in his tent before officers arrived.
"It's sad," Horne said. "There's no justification to take somebody's life."
Tents and cardboard shelters cover the sidewalks of Skid Row, the downtown neighborhood where an estimated 1,700 homeless people live. Many of them struggle with mental illness and addiction.
Police Commission President Steve Soboroff said the independent inspector general and the district attorney had all begun investigating the incident.
Earl Ofari Hutchinson, head of the activist group the Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable, called on the Police Commission to hold special hearing on use of force by officers in Skid Row encounters.
Hutchinson said in a statement that the shooting "underscores the need for the police commission to hold a special hearing to fully examine police tactics and training in the use of deadly force by LAPD officers involving skid row residents many of whom have major mental challenges."
Jack Thriller stops by the BX Fight Club where Fat Joe and Remy Martin perform for the first time in over 10 years. With Pretty Lou, Jack host the main event between Violator and Pacquiao.
Dakota Johnson was the host on Saturday Night Live on February 28. The Fifty Shades of Grey actress and the show now finds themselves in the middle of a brewing controversy surrounding a skits entitled "Father Daughter Ad."
In it Dakota plays a teenager being dropped off for what appears to be her first year in college. They have the typical dad/daughter conversation about safety and calling home when she reaches her destination.
When Dakota's ride arrives it's a group of ISIS militants. Her dad tells her to be careful, to which she replies, "Dad, it's just ISIS."
"Take care of her," the father says to one of the militants. "Death to America," is the answer he gets back.
Twitter users were quick to voice their displeasure with the skit.
Kanye Westhas revealed the title of his forthcoming eighth solo album.
The rapper took to his Twitter account on Sunday, March 1, to inform his 11.5 million followers that the project would be called So Help Me God. There's no release date information as of yet. We'll keep you updated as soon as we have official word.
Dark Lo Tha Crook is simply killing everything moving musically. The Original Block Hustlaz recording artist just re-released released his Ron Harvey Jr. project with five bonus tracks. "Gambling Spot" and "Old Money" are two of the five.
Purchase Ron Harvey Jr: Reloaded now from Amazon and iTunes.
LOS ANGELES (Associated Press) -- Ronda Rousey has stopped every opponent she has faced in her meteoric mixed martial arts career, so a first-round victory is no shock for the UFC's bantamweight champion.
Except nobody had finished a UFC title fight this quickly, and hardly anyone had ever done it with so much flair.
Rousey stopped Cat Zingano with an acrobatic armbar after just 14 seconds, dramatically defending her 135-pound title at UFC 184 on Saturday night.
Rousey's fifth title defense before the sellout Staples Center crowd could process what it just witnessed. Those 14 seconds were action-packed, and Rousey delivered again.
"There's very few situations where a fight goes 14 seconds and the crowd is cheering and going crazy and looking at each other with their mouths open," UFC President Dana White said.
Rousey (11-0) earned the most impressive victory of her career with jaw-dropping speed, taking out the previously unbeaten Zingano with her signature armlock from an unlikely position.
Zingano (9-1) dropped Rousey on her head with a flying charge at the opening bell, but the champ used her peerless judo skills to flip Zingano onto her back. Rousey scampered into position to wrench Zingano's arm grotesquely - and just like that, the challenger tapped out.
Rousey wasn't surprised by the opening charge: She suspected Zingano might try to catch her unprepared. Rousey didn't expect to get turned upside-down, but when it happened, the Olympic medal-winning judoka relied on instinct.
"I made that up on the fly, to be honest," Rousey said. "But it was kind of funny: We were going toward the ground, and I kind of reverted back to judo mode and was thinking, `Don't touch your back. It's a point.' That's where the acrobatic thing came from, was thinking about not touching your back in judo.
Nobody in the women's sport can touch Rousey, the most dominant champion in MMA.
Rousey's last three fights have lasted a total of 96 seconds, including two bouts against previously unbeaten opponents. Her 14-second finish was a record for any UFC title bout, but she thought it only went to plan.
"That's not usually how you land an armbar at that angle, but it works," Rousey said.
Champion boxer Holly Holm made her much-hyped UFC debut with a split-decision victory over Raquel Pennington in UFC 184's penultimate bout as the world's dominant mixed martial arts promotion ended a two-year absence from Southern California, the home base of Rousey and numerous fighters.
But the night was a showcase for the star power of Rousey, who has become one of the UFC's most prominent fighters just two years after the promotion added women's bouts. Zingano was considered the most daunting active threat to Rousey's reign, but was obliterated.
Zingano chose the dubious strategy of charging and grabbing onto Rousey, whose judo skills make her practically unbeatable in a clinch.
"She's really good ... but that wouldn't happen again," Zingano said. "It was a knee and then a throw and then a scramble, and then she was wrapped around my arm. I got caught. I was ready to do a million different things. I planned on getting in a fistfight tonight."
For the first time in UFC history, two women's fights headlined a pay-per-view event. Although partly created by necessity when middleweight champion Chris Weidman was injured, that spotlight is the latest affirmation for women's MMA and Rousey - a movie star, a model and a celebrity who can sell out a large arena in her hometown.
The 33-year-old Holm (8-0) ended an 11-year pro boxing career in 2013 to concentrate on MMA. Although she did enough to win her UFC debut against the scrappy, undersized Pennington (5-6), Holm and White both said she needs a few more UFC fights before she can challenge for Rousey's belt.
Southern California fighters Tony Ferguson and Alan Jouban kicked off the pay-per-view card with dynamic first-round stoppage victories. Ferguson has won five straight bouts, while Jouban bounced back from a debatable loss with an impressive striking performance.
Although Los Angeles is the largest U.S. city that allows MMA competition, the UFC hadn't staged a card in the area since Rousey's debut with the promotion in Anaheim in February 2013. A mediocre card scheduled for Staples Center last summer was canceled when champion Jose Aldo was injured.
Dana White speaks on the possibility of Cyborg vs. Rousey fight and Brock Lesnar
The extra publicity paid off: Rousey and the UFC attracted a star-studded Hollywood crowd including Vin Diesel, Mark Wahlberg, Anthony Kiedis and Mickey Rourke. Also watching at cageside was former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar, the professional wrestler who is thought to be contemplating a return to MMA.
Two people were shot inside the Label nightclub in the NC Music Factory on Saturday, February 28, where T.I., Young Jeezy and Yo Gotti were performing.
The incident happened around 7PM. Both victims were taken to Carolinas Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries, according to the Charlotte Observer.
TMZ video shows the packed club at the moment the shots were fired. Panicked club goers scrambled for safety following the gunfire.
The rappers were in town for the popular Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CAA) basketball tournaments.
Label management issued a statement following the shooting.
“Tonight's events at Label will take place as scheduled. It should be noted that there will continue to be very substantial security for all Label events during tournament weekend,” the club said. “And, Label remains fully committed to the safety and security of its patrons."
Artists need to remember to drink plenty of water when they're out on the road. We saw what could happen if they don't when August Alsinapassed out during a show in NYC last September.
The singer fell into a coma and had to be hospitalized for several days.
RapperLil Boosiesuffered a similar scare, although not as serious on Friday, February 27.TMZ reports that Boosie was on his way to a show in Charlotte when he started to feel faint.
He was taken to the hospital and diagnosed with severe dehydration. Doctors treated him with intravenous fluids. The Charlotte show had to be cancelled, but Boosie got the green light to perform tonight in Georgia.
Take care of yourself Boosie Badazz. Can't get that show money if you can't perform.
Anthony Mason, the hard nosed former NBA player has died at the age of 48, reports ESPN.
Mason played 13 years in the league after being drafted in the 3rd round by the Portland Trailblazers in 1988. He was cut by Portland before playing a game for the team. A decision I'm sure they regret to this day.
Mason would go on to play 13-seasons in the NBA, for several teams, including the New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks, Milwaukee Bucks, Denver Nuggets, Charlotte Hornets and Miami Heat.
He was named Sixth Man of the Year in 1995, as a member of the Knicks.
According to ESPN, Mason had been diagnosed with congestive heart failure earlier this month.
Rest in peace Anthony Mason. Our condolences go out to his family and friends.