Posted by Lawrence Leal on January 14, 2015 at 5:22pm
THE HOTTEST UNSIGNED ARTIST COMING OUT OF ST. LOUIS "QUIKK" DROPS A DOPE REMIX TO TRY ME SEE VIDEO BELOW AND MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW HIM ON TWITTER @Muzik_Quikk94 ALSO CHECK HIS LATEST MUSIC FROM HIS SOUND CLOUD BELOW AAND LEAVE HIM SOME FEEDBACK GOOD OR BAD ALL IS WELCOMED
(BBC) Satellite images of Nigerian towns attacked by Boko Haram show widespread destruction and suggest a high death toll, Amnesty International says.
The images show some 3,700 structures damaged or destroyed in Baga and Doron Baga this month, Amnesty said.
Nigeria's government has disputed reports that as many as 2,000 were killed, putting the toll at just 150.
Amnesty cited witnesses saying that militants had killed indiscriminately. It said the damage was "catastrophic".
There has been a surge in violence linked to Boko Haram. In the past week there have been several attacks, including by suspected child suicide bombers.
Nigeria is to hold elections next month, amid growing doubts whether they can successfully go ahead in all parts of the country.
'Wiped off the map'
Amnesty said the attack on Baga and Doron Baga, neighboring towns in the far north-east of Nigeria, was the largest and deadliest Boko Haram assault that it had analysed. It said about 620 structures had been destroyed in Baga, and more than 3,100 in Doro Baga.
The before and after satellite images were taken on 2 January and 7 January. Healthy vegetation is shown in red on the graphics.
"These detailed images show devastation of catastrophic proportions in two towns, one of which was almost wiped off the map in the space of four days," Daniel Eyre, an Amnesty researcher, said in a statement.
"It represents a deliberate attack on civilians whose homes, clinics and schools are now burnt out ruins," he said.
The BBC's Will Ross says that while the images show the destructive nature of Boko Haram, they do not help establish just how many people were killed.
Last week, Musa Alhaji Bukar, a senior government official in the area, said that fleeing residents told him that Baga, which had a population of about 10,000, was now "virtually non-existent".
"It has been burnt down," he told the BBC Hausa service.
Boko Haram's capture of Baga
03 January: Social media reports of Baga attack first emerge
04 January: Boko Haram claims to have captured Baga
08 January: Reports emerge of bodies strewn on the streets in Baga, with some saying 2,000 people killed
12 January: The government says that the number of people who lost their lives in Baga was no more than 150, including militants
15 January: Satellite images released by Amnesty International suggest the number of dead is far higher than officially admitted
Officials said militants had attacked Baga on 7 January, four days after overrunning a multinational military base in the town that had been abandoned by Nigerian troops.
Amnesty's Adotei Akwei told the BBC that although it was still difficult to access the area where the attack took place, the Nigerian government was "grossly understating" the death toll.
"They killed so many people," one man told the group. "I saw maybe around 100 killed at that time in Baga. I ran to the bush. As we were running, they were shooting and killing."
Many wooden fishing boats that dot the shoreline on 2 January are no longer visible five days later.
Boko Haram at a glance
Founded in 2002
Initially focused on opposing Western education - Boko Haram means "Western education is forbidden" in the Hausa language
Launched military operations in 2009 to create Islamic state
Thousands killed, mostly in north-eastern Nigeria - also attacked police and UN headquarters in capital, Abuja
Some three million people affected
Declared terrorist group by US in 2013
One witness was quoted as saying that victims included small children and a woman in labor.
Afterwards, militants drove into the surrounding country, rounding up women, children and the elderly, unnamed witnesses told the group.
"Boko Haram took around 300 women and kept us in a school in Baga," one woman, who Amnesty said had been held for four days, was quoted as saying.
"They released the older women, mothers and most of the children after four days but are still keeping the younger women."
The Manny Pacquiao/Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight is closer to happening than ever before. Yahoo Sports reports that Pac Man has agreed to terms for a May 2 bout.
The Filipino boxer will receive a 40% cut of the purse, leaving 60% for Mayweather. The fight is expected to break all previous revenue records for a boxing match. That would include the gate at the MGM Grand and the all time pay-per-view buy record of 2.4 million. Top ticket prices at the MGM are expected to be as high as $5000.
All that's left is for Mayweather to sign the contract. Pacquiao's promoter,Bob Arum, says that the pound-for-pound boxing champion has already agreed to terms.
"I want to get some movement here, with bringing Mayweather to the table so we can go out and get everything signed and get the networks together and get the thing finished," Arum told Yahoo Sports on Tuesday, January 13.
This fight means everything to Mayweather's legacy. With an undefeated record of 47 Wins (26 knockouts, 21 decisions), he is widely considered to be the best boxer of this generation. To cement his place as one of the best in the history of the sport he has to fight the man fans and analysts believe has the best chance to beat him.
If Mayweather loses May 2 his status may rise in the eyes of many for finally taking the fight. An automatic rematch clause will most likely be included in the language of the contract. Meaning the two would wage war a second time.
One of the largest movie franchises is undoubtedly the X-Men Series. Famke Janssen known as Phoenix in the series stopped by The Whoolywood Shuffle to divulge in a variety of topics. She revealed that she wants to have a booty like Beyonce; she learned what the Shmurda Dance was, which she thought was the Smurf; and reveals there are more X-Men movies going into production. Watch the full interview below. POW!
Young Buck started the 2015 G-Unit takeover with "On the Way." His partner in rhyme, Kidd Kidd, keeps the momentum going by dropping a certified banger entitled "From Nothin'."
Glee star Naya Rivera inserted her foot in her mouth during an appearance on The View on Tuesday, January 13.
The topic of starting your day with a shower came up when the 28-year old actress offered her opinion.
"I have a theory about showering. Which is I think that white people shower a lot more than ethnics," Rivera said.
"Really?" co-host Rosie O'Donnell responded.
"I feel like showering more than once a day, or every day, is such a white-people thing," Rivera explained.
O'Donnell then spotted a woman in the audience who was having a fit. "Look, there's an African American woman in a yellow shirt that's about to have a heart attack."
At that point Naya attempted to explain her point.
"My mom is half black, half Puerto Rican and she showers every day, so I'm allowed to say this. But, I can say I'm now married to a white man and he showers a lot. Two, three times a day. I'm like, 'what are you doing?'"
She later admitted that she only showers once or twice every three days herself. It wasn't long before social media lit a fire and began to roast her.
New Jersey rapperYoung Zeeis no stranger to being around stars. From his relationship withRah Digga, to recording withEminemandD12as a member ofThe Outsidaz, Zee has been in the music business for a while.
However, a recent acknowledgement by 50 Cent on Instagram really touched his heart.
"Yo, 50 Cent just responded to my comment on Instagram. I just feel like I never felt like this before," Zee said in a video while tears streamed down his face. "This is what music is about and I just feel really good right now."
Hollywood Jack Thriller chops it up with the Editor-In-Chief of HipHopDX, Justin Hunte. They talk about everything from his Wall Street background to his favorite video game.
Philadelphia rapper Ar-Ab drops off some more murder music. Peep the official music video for "Soldier" from the boss of the Original Block Hustlaz (O.B.H.).
Atlanta rapper 2 Chainz will appear on the Nancy Grace Show tonight on CNN's HLN at 8P/7C. Grace, a former lawyer, is a staunch opponent of the legalization and use of marijuana. 2 Chainz sits on the other side of the fence.
The two will have a no-holds-barred debate about the issue during the show. This is going to good. Watch the preview below.
Demrick is tearing it up on tour with Madchild across Canada now, and he dropped a brand new video for “Space Island” directed by Jakob Owens. The track appears on Demrick’s upcoming new album “Losing Focus”, which drops February 24th on Battle Axe Records. The album is slated to feature guest appearances by Dizzy Wright, Logic, as well as his Serial Killers alumni B-Real and Xzibit. The album is available for pre-order at http://smarturl.it/LosingFocus_TShirt.
"I wrote this record from the perspective of a stoner day dreaming and just being somewhere else but really just sitting on his sofa. With this album & music video I wanted to give my fans a look into how I live. I smoked about an ounce with my friends during the making of this video," said Demrick. "On this album I wanted to find creative ways to tell stories off my everyday life. We all get lost in our thoughts at times and this is my take on it."
Demrick will be touring Canada in with Madchild as a part of the “Switched On” Tour until January 30th.
The 25-year old superstar has had enough of the violence that has plagued some of his recent shows. Suge Knight was shot six times at a pre-VMA event hosted by Chris on August 24, 2014 at 1 Oak in West Hollywood.
On Sunday, January 11, 2015, five people were shot while Chris was performing at theFiestaclub in San Jose.
The singer doesn't believe the incidents have anything to with his alleged Bloods gang ties to Compton's Fruit Town Pirus. TMZ reports that the "Loyal" hit maker held an emergency meeting with his team within the last couple of days and told them to not book and cancel any shows at clubs with a history of violence or security issues.
Chris is reportedly not only worried about his safety and the well being of his fans, he doesn't want the negative publicity associated with his brand.
Eminem has made one dream come true for a terminally ill teen.
When the family and friends of 17-year-old Eminem fan Gage Garmo, who has been diagnosed with Osteosarcoma, a rare form of bone cancer, were told by doctors that he only had a week to live they went to work three days ago hoping to get him a visit from the rapper.
They started a social media campaign with the hashtag #GetGageGarmoToMeetEminem. The"My Name Is"hit maker heard about the family's efforts and on Sunday, January 11, he paid a visit to Gage's Michigan home.
TMZ reports that Eminem and Gage spent an hour together talking and hanging out.
Eminem was adamant that the visit be kept quiet from the media, but word got out anyway. Nevertheless, meeting Slim made Gage very happy and raised his spirits.
**UPDATE** January 13
We're very sorry to report that Gage passed away Monday, January 12, one day after Eminem's visit. The New York Daily News reports that Gage was diagnosed with bone cancer three years ago, when he was a freshman at Rochester High School.
During his meeting with Eminem the two talked about sports and hip hop. Gage was the manager of his school's football team, according to TMZ
Friends and family held a candlelight vigil last night at Rochester.