All Posts (60332)

Sort by

12351362274?profile=original

LOS ANGELES (Associated Press) — Funk legend Sly Stone was awarded $5 million on Tuesday in a breach-of-contract suit that claimed his business partners and his own company cheated him out of royalties.

A Los Angeles Superior Court jury ruled for the 71-year-old performer in his action against his ex-manager Gerald Goldstein, attorney Glenn Stone and Even St. Productions Ltd.

"It's a good day for Sly, it's a good day for entertainers in general," said one of his attorneys, Nicholas Hornberger. "This was an important verdict for people that are artists, entertainers, music composers, etc."

Stone, whose real name is Sylvester Stewart, led the group Sly and the Family Stone to a string of hits in the 1960s and early '70s including "Everyday People," ''Dance To The Music" and "Family Affair." But heavy drug use began to take a toll.

460x.jpg

His lawyers say Stone's career was long eclipsed and he was destitute when Goldstein and Glenn Stone convinced him to become an employee of and co-owner of Even St. Productions with them in 1989.

Stone assigned royalty rights to the company and was supposed to receive some of the money it collected for him but Goldstein and Glenn Stone arranged to get it through shady accounting, Hornberger argued.

"They met him, they signed him up...but what they really wanted was his royalties," Hornberger said.

Gregory Bodell, the attorney for Goldstein and Glenn Stone, said the performer approached his clients to revitalize his career and promised to make comeback records that he never recorded.

His clients weren't seeking the performer's royalties because he didn't have any, in part because he owed millions to the Internal Revenue Service, Bodell said.

Sly Stone testified that he had not received any royalty payments between 1989 and 2000.

But Bodell said his clients helped to pay off the IRS, renegotiated royalty issues with record companies and over 20 years obtained millions of dollars in royalties for the performer — perhaps as much as $9 million.

Jurors assessed $2.5 million in damages against Even St. Productions, $2.45 million against Goldstein and $50,000 against Glenn Stone.

Bodell said the award will be challenged.

Even St. Productions filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in 2013. A message left for a lawyer representing the company was not immediately returned.



Follow Me

Join Our Facebook Fan Page Check Us Out On MySpace Follow Us On Twitter Follow Me On Youtube Like MY Facebook Page Connect With Me On Linkedin Connect With Me On Google+ Join My Website Follow Us On Twitter
Read more…

12351350073?profile=original

Young Hash a.k.a. Bronx Beast is the brightest rising star out of Cory Gunz's Militia camp. He's got a lot of ammo in the chamber he will release on his forthcoming album entitled Doe Ave Demons. Here's the first leak off of it produced by Trigga of The Trackdealaz, "They Aint Getting Money."

Download it here https://soundcloud.com/hash-bronx-beast/they-aint-getting-money-prod-by-trigga-of-the-trakdealaz

Follow Young Hash on Twitter @HASHBRONXBEAST

@HASHBRONXBEAST

12351350483?profile=original

Follow Me

Join Our Facebook Fan Page Check Us Out On MySpace Follow Us On Twitter Follow Me On Youtube Like MY Facebook Page Connect With Me On Linkedin Connect With Me On Google+ Join My Website Follow Us On Twitter
Read more…

12351357859?profile=original

Cipha Sounds has been a mainstay at Hot 97 for the past 17 years. Today it was announced that he was no longer with the team.

“Effective immediately,” Cipha Sounds is “no longer with WQHT Hot 97 FM,” the station said in a statement to BET.com. “We wish him well on his future endeavors.”

While Hot 97 didn't elaborate, the New York Daily News wrote that Cipha was fired, suggesting it may have had something to do with him voicing his displeasure with the direction the station was headed in.

12351358657?profile=original

Nessa Nitty

Last week Hot 97 hired popular Bay Area radio personality Nessa Nitty to permanently take over the afternoon slot.

During Monday's "Juan Epstein" podcast with Peter Rosenberg, Cipha expressed disappointment that he wasn't chosen for the permanent spot.

12351359852?profile=original

Cipha Sounds

“I never knew if it was mine. If I could make it mine, I would’ve loved it," Cipha said. "One boss told me one thing, another boss told me another thing, they then fired one of those bosses, another boss came in an told me one things, and then a boss of another station came in and became our boss and told me another thing. All nice people, all different opinions on what the show should be and how it should run.”

Cipha's departure is the major one for Hot 97 in less than a year, following the exits of Angie Martinez and DJ Mister Cee.

12350888484?profile=original

Angie Martinez

Cipha released a statement via his Instagram page, promising he already has something nw lined up.

"After 17 years, I'm leaving Hot 97. I¹m changing my relationship status from "it¹s complicated" to "single". It¹s been an amazing ride - from intern to weekends to morning show host to fill Angie¹s seat in afternoons," he wrote. "Many years of incredible, life-changing experiences and enough amazing memories to last five lifetimes. The next move is already underway and I promise it's going to be huge."

Follow Me

Join Our Facebook Fan Page Check Us Out On MySpace Follow Us On Twitter Follow Me On Youtube Like MY Facebook Page Connect With Me On Linkedin Connect With Me On Google+ Join My Website Follow Us On Twitter
Read more…

12351353662?profile=original

Video After The Jump

In episode three of Noisey's Atlanta series they explore the history of beef between Jeezy and Gucci Mane, the origin of trap music, Guwop's incredible work ethic and The Snowman coming into the rap game already being a millionaire.

Interviews include Coach K and Zaytoven.

12351354059?profile=original

Follow Me

Join Our Facebook Fan Page Check Us Out On MySpace Follow Us On Twitter Follow Me On Youtube Like MY Facebook Page Connect With Me On Linkedin Connect With Me On Google+ Join My Website Follow Us On Twitter
Read more…

12351355694?profile=original

Video After The Jump

CCTV footage captured the moment a girl, believed to be 12-years old, calmly walked out of a mall with a $4.6 million diamond necklace she had just stolen in her pocket. Now the hunt is on for the pre-teen and three adults believed to be her accomplices.

The theft took place on Friday, January 23, at an Emperor Watch and Jewelry store in Hong Kong. Three adults distracted the store's staff by asking to look at expensive items. 

Meanwhile the young girl, described as being between 12 and 14 years old and about 4 ½ feet tall, took a key from a drawer, unlocked the cabinet holding the 117-carat diamond necklace, slipped it into her pocket and walked out of the store unnoticed.

12351356296?profile=original

The three adults spent 30 minutes in the store before leaving without making a purchase.

"Initial investigations suggest the girl stole a key from a drawer and then opened a display cabinet to steal the necklace when the three adults - one man and two women - kept staff busy," a police source told the South China Morning Post. "The necklace was embedded with more than 30 diamonds totalling about 100 carats. We were told it was worth about $4.6 million. The three adults posed as big spenders and demanded employees show them jewelry in an apparent move to divert staff attention."

The police source added that it was the first time a child had been used in such a heist.

12351356500?profile=original

Workers at the store didn't notice the necklace was missing until two hours later. Police were called and EWJ has since hired extra security guards.

12351357453?profile=original

"Our first and foremost priority is to comply with the police investigation, but we still have to wait for the results to see what measures can be taken to strengthen the security level," a store spokesperson told CNN.

Follow Me

Join Our Facebook Fan Page Check Us Out On MySpace Follow Us On Twitter Follow Me On Youtube Like MY Facebook Page Connect With Me On Linkedin Connect With Me On Google+ Join My Website Follow Us On Twitter
Read more…

Killa Fresh

Real Repty

12351349874?profile=original

LISTEN/DOWNLOAD HERE

@RealKillaFresh

Hot on the Streets this week. Check out the Explosive Mixtape & Music Video from Killa Fresh called "Real Repty".

Twitter @RealKillaFresh

Get your next project distributed at @Raphenom.

Read more…

12351355068?profile=original

Video After The Jump

New Wave Music presents Tay Bell's new single/video for "Olivia Wilde" featuring and produced by Remo The Hitmaker. Tay has a brand new sound for the ladies. Remo just wrapped production on Tay's forthcoming album.

Music video directed by Noel Calloway Films.

Follow

@taybellmusic @remothehitmaker @newwavemusicinc @thenoelcalloway

12350591053?profile=original

Follow Me

Join Our Facebook Fan Page Check Us Out On MySpace Follow Us On Twitter Follow Me On Youtube Like MY Facebook Page Connect With Me On Linkedin Connect With Me On Google+ Join My Website Follow Us On Twitter
Read more…

12351348683?profile=original

Lil Wayne is not playing games as his legal fight with Birdman begins.

In addition to suing Cash Money Records to collect an $8 million advance owed to him and have his contract voided, TMZ reports that Weezy is demanding that all artists signed to his Young Money imprint come with him.

12351348487?profile=original

The list of artists includes Christina Milian, Mack Maine, Nicki Minaj, Drake and Lil Twist. Tyga's name was conspicuously missing from the article.

12351349655?profile=original

It's a legal mess that the courts will have to sort out because even though the above mentioned entertainers signed deals with Wayne, their distribution deals go through Cash Money/Universal. Birdman has also shelled out cash and helped to guide their careers.

In other words, this is getting ugly...



Follow Me

Join Our Facebook Fan Page Check Us Out On MySpace Follow Us On Twitter Follow Me On Youtube Like MY Facebook Page Connect With Me On Linkedin Connect With Me On Google+ Join My Website Follow Us On Twitter
Read more…

12351347878?profile=original

Here's the cover art and tracklist for G-Unit's forthcoming EP entitled The Beast Is G-Unit. It contains six songs. No features are listed. It's scheduled to hit iTunes on March 3rd.

Tracklist:

1. Ballin’
2. I’m Grown
3. Bring My Bottles
4. Doper Than My Last One
5. Boy Boy
6. Choose One

12351118052?profile=original

Follow Me

Join Our Facebook Fan Page Check Us Out On MySpace Follow Us On Twitter Follow Me On Youtube Like MY Facebook Page Connect With Me On Linkedin Connect With Me On Google+ Join My Website Follow Us On Twitter

Read more…

15752192254_1b1285ab81_b.jpg

Video And Pics After The Jump

Mya had everything jumping and dollar bills flying during her performance at the G5ive Gentleman's club in Miami on Friday, January 23.

It was a paid singing gig and no, the 35-year old "Movin On" hit maker was not stripping, but she did showcase her fit body when she got on all fours and twerked during part of the show.

Peep it below.

We're not at all Mya.

16373747552_6f1772761e_b.jpg

16188758777_0e7e356dc0_b.jpg

16188758657_d33f722bbf_b.jpg

16374634005_78b83a9eab_b.jpg

Sources: Miss Info, G5ive, Pauly LambriscoFlylifestyl3

Follow Me

Join Our Facebook Fan Page Check Us Out On MySpace Follow Us On Twitter Follow Me On Youtube Like MY Facebook Page Connect With Me On Linkedin Connect With Me On Google+ Join My Website Follow Us On Twitter
Read more…

12351347499?profile=original

Video After The Jump

In Kid Cudi's latest film entitled James White he plays a gay character. He embraced the opportunity as an artist to do something challenging.

"My thing is what story are we trying to tell here," Cudi told Billboard. "I didn't flinch. I'm secure with mine. I'm an artist -- it's all about playing characters that are intriguing and stimulating."

16186976020_c4b1d680d2_b.jpg

While he was happy with the role, Cudi didn't find out until the film's premiere at the Sundance film festival on Friday, January 23, that his intimate scenes with actor David Call had been cut from the film by director Josh Mond.

"I'm mad [Mond] cut out my kissing scenes with David," Cudi said during an audience Q&A session after the film. "We made out so many times -- and it was so good! That's my only gripe."

Cudi also got the chance to score the film. Listen to him talk about the experience and upcoming album, Man on the Moon 3, above.

Follow Me

Join Our Facebook Fan Page Check Us Out On MySpace Follow Us On Twitter Follow Me On Youtube Like MY Facebook Page Connect With Me On Linkedin Connect With Me On Google+ Join My Website Follow Us On Twitter
Read more…
} Facebook Login JavaScript Example